Chocolate, coconut and almonds.. three of my favourite things all in one deliciously sweet and crunchy jar of homemade goodness! I love to make my own granola as it is super easy and really allows you to know exactly what you are eating. One of my biggest frustrations is finding an assumedly ‘healthy’ granola only to find it has been packed full of sugar. Breakfast should always be super delicious and full of goodness. A good dose of protein, fibre and healthy fats from the almonds, pumpkin seeds, oats and coconut keep you feeling satisfied and energised. Enjoy on top of a delicious smoothie to add an extra dose of rainbow antioxidants to your breakfast and feel glowing from the inside out. This granola literally smells like holiday and the chocolaty, sweet coconut scent makes it hard to resist. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.
This recipes makes one good sized jar
Enjoy with your favourite milk, on top of a smoothie, chia pudding or with fruit as a snack.
- 2 cups jumbo oats (ensure gluten free if necessary)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1 cup almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Spread evenly and thinly onto baking sheets (you may wish to do this in batches)
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes until golden brown and crisp – stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Store in an airtight container – I like to use a kilner jar and enjoy.