I used to love rice crispy cakes when I was younger and these buckwheat crispy treats are the most delicious and nutritious take to satisfy that craving. Sweet, crunchy, chocolaty and naturally free of gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar they are the perfect treat to keep in the fridge.
Makes around 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 cups buckwheat puffs
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup almonds
- In a pan gently melt the coconut oil and combine with the maple syrup, cacao and almond butter to make a smooth chocolaty sauce.
- Roughly chop the almonds and add to the chocolate mixture along with the raisins and finally the buckwheat puffs.
- Stir to combine thoroughly until everything is coated in the chocolate.
- Pour into a baking tray (or into individual cupcake cases if you prefer) and leave to set in the fridge for about an hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Store in the fridge until ready to eat